Here at House of Coco we love to go all out on Mother’s day, not that we need an excuse to make the most important woman in our life feel special. Mother’s Day is the perfect time for a family get-together, and what better way to treat mum than with a home-cooked meal? According to research by iconic pottery brand Denby, we are a nation of entertainers – a massive 87% regularly host friends and family at home, a figure that jumps to 93% with 24-35 year olds, an additional 53% of Brits say they look forward to being cooked for during special occasions such as Mother’s Day.
Just in time for Mother’s Day, Denby has teamed up with Instagram foodie, Aimee Twigger to create a series of delicious Cheat’s Puddings which will give you more time to spend with mum and just so happen to look beautiful on Denby’s stylish tableware.
Aimee Twigger’s desert recipes are perfect for sharing with family and friends, and guess what… they only take 10-minutes from start to finish.
Aimee Twigger’s Cheat’s Pudding: Floral Eton Mess
¥ Packet of meringues
¥ 250ml double cream
¥ 5 tbsp. icing
¥ 3 tbsp. sugar
¥ Edible flowers for serving
• Slice the strawberries and place in a bowl with the sugar to macerate
• Whip the cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form
• Crush the meringues and add spoon fulls of cream in bowl and spread out
• Add a handful of crushed meringue and some strawberries, more cream and more meringues, finish with strawberries
Aimee Twigger’s Cheat’s Pudding: Persimmon gingerbread Tiramisu
¥ 250g mascarpone
¥ 300ml double cream packet of lady fingers
¥ 150g gingerbread cookies
¥ Chocolate bar
¥ 4 persimmon
¥ 2 tsp. cinnamon
¥ 4 tbsp. brown sugar
¥ Cocoa powder
¥ Coffee liqueur
¥ More double cream to serve
• Chop the persimmon into small chunks, place in a bowl with the brown sugar and cinnamon to macerate
• Whip the cream and mascarpone, place in a piping bag. Pour coffee liqueur into a dish and mix in 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, dip in the lady fingers and slice to fit into ramekins
• Add a layer of lady fingers, sprinkle in crushed ginger bread biscuits. Add a layer of persimmon, pipe on cream and repeat process
• Finish with mascarpone/cream and smooth out. Whip cream and pipe on top, lightly dust with cocoa powder and grate chocolate
Aimee Twigger’s Cheat’s Pudding: Blackberry Crisp
¥ 2 tbsp. butter
¥ 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
¥ 200g Oats
¥ 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
¥ 650g blackberries
¥ 4 tbsp. sugar
¥ ½ trp. cinnamon
¥ Clotted cream to serve
• Heat the grill, in a pan add blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Heat gently until the blackberries burst and become juicy (5 minutes)
• In another pan, add the honey or maple syrup, butter and melt. Stir in oats and fennel seeds and stir for 1 minute
• Tip on to the blackberries and crisp under the grill for 4 minutes
• Serve warm with ice cream or clotted cream.
Denby offers unique and stylish tableware designed to complement modern life at home and is ideal when entertaining friends and family this Mother’s Day.
Natural Canvas, Denby’s latest addition, features warm, neutral hues and subtle Chevron pattern – an ideal collection to mix and match with existing tableware for a contemporary setting. The range, inspired by the brand’s rich heritage and passion for quality craftsmanship is reimagined for a modern diner. The collection includes everything from a 16-Piece Dinner Set, perfect for traditional dinner parties, through to nesting bowl sets and sharing platters for the more casual entertainer.
With nearly half of Brits thinking the way their food looks on the plate is just as important as how it tastes, Halo by Denby is the perfect collection to transform the table. The handcrafted collection is Denby’s most Instagrammed rage thanks to its unique speckled design and striking glaze. The collection features everything from a 16-Piece Dinner Set to Oven Dishes and Wine Glasses to help keep entertaining at home stress-free. Plus, Halo comes in a variety of gift sets such as the 7 Piece Takeaway Set and the 4 Piece Nesting Bowl Set, the perfect present for Mother’s Day.
For more information on The Art of Entertaining with Denby, including inspirational tips, recipes and stylish tableware inspiration, visit www.denby.co.uk/artofentertaining