When you’re considering a beach vacation with plenty of things to do then Mooloolaba is one of the sought-out holiday destinations.
Mooloolaba beach with its clear waters and golden sand makes this holiday destination one of the best places to visit for a family vacation. You can have fun on the beach or go for a swim and visit the restaurant strip at the Esplanade for a leisurely lunch.
Natives of the Sunshine coast often rise early to go for a coastal walk and watch the dawn break over the beach. A coastal walk is one of the daily rituals that make this place so desirable. Places such as Alexandra Headland and Cotton tree are among the must-see places that you can explore while on your stroll.
Mooloolaba has plenty on offer when it comes to eateries. With more than 100 cares and restaurants to visit there is something for everyone whether they are looking to visit brasseries, casual eateries, upmarket restaurants and bistros.
When you’re looking for holiday accommodation Mooloolaba, there is plenty of options to choose from including Motels, Apartments, Resorts, Holiday homes, pet-friendly homes as well as Beachfront accommodation with ocean views.
Visitors can visit the Mooloolaba Esplanade that offers a vast selection of shops where you can buy anything from designer label clothes to swimwear, beach towels, jewellery and even antiques or art pieces. Just a short drive further you can visit the Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore which is the largest shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast.
Fun things to do
- Mooloolaba Seafood lunch River Cruise (1.5-hour cruise) – Enjoy a scrumptious fresh seafood lunch with entertaining commentary, an onboard licensed bar and a choice of two departure times.
- Mooloolaba Sunset cruise (2-hour cruise) – Admire an unforgettable sunset while cruising along the Mooloolaba river with entertaining commentary and an on-board licensed bar.
- Mooloolaba Canal cruise – board this historic MV Mudjimba timber ferry and enjoy a relaxing still-water cruise while viewing waterfront mansions, historic landmarks and yachts with informative commentary. Wild pelicans are hand fed from the side of the boat and at the end of the cruise, customers can feed the fish. Excellent family outing option.
- Mooloolaba Whale watching cruise – enjoy the picturesque view of Australia’s East coast with Humpback whale sightings guaranteed.
- Sea life Sunshine Coast – visit this multi-award-winning visitor attraction. Situated near the Esplanade, visitors can view thousands of freshwater animals and marine including sharks, turtles, tropical fish, stingrays, seals and more. This facility offers eleven interactive animal zones across three levels with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Festivals & other – Mooloolaba is renowned for its international and cultural festivals and sporting competitions. This fantastic destination offer must-do activities including every second Friday of the month when visitors can visit the food stalls, be entertained by buskers, dancers and local bands and buy a wide selection of handmade clothing, jewellery and arts from local artisans.